Module 2: Understanding Non-financial information reporting (NFIR)
Module Objectives: This module provides information on the legal background and reporting requirements, the key concepts and reporting frameworks of NFIR.
Module 3: Role of Workers' Representatives in CSR and NFIR
Module Objectives: This module illustrates contacts points with NFIR and possible practical value of NFIR by identifying relevant content for WRs and showing best practice examples.
Module 4: Analysis methods and tools
Module Objectives: This module introduces to analysis methods of NFIR by giving an overview of a set of methods and applying the CENOFIA analysis tool.
Module 8: Identifying challenges in the analysis process
Module Objectives: This module provides an overview of the challenges most likely encountered during the analysis work and enables the participants to question reporting methodologies and processes.
Module 9: Application of key concepts in NFIR
Module Objectives: This module builds up on Module 2 and Module 4 by providing in-depth information on NFIR key concepts and carrying out different assessment exercises.
9.3 Consistency assessment in NFIR
STEP 1: “Presentation Unit 9.3_Consistency assessment”
The presentation for unit 9.3 intends to build up on the content delivered in Module 4 by explaining the approach and general content to carry out a consistency assessment. It provides main guidance to measure and assess the quality and quantity of NFIR information.
It is especially important to stress that:
- the presentation concentrates on consistency with regard to the quality of information found in the NFIR, not the quality of presenting the information in the NFIR.
- Please refer to “Trainer Notes Unit 9.2_Consistency Assessment” for the rest of the presentation.
STEP 2: “Group exercise Unit 9.3_Consistency assessment”
This exercise is intended to introduce lerarners into the process of carrying out a consistency assessment.
- Read “Material for Group exercise Unit 9.3_Consistency assessment” and choose one out of the two examples provided.
- Answer the provided questions.
- Point out major strengths and weaknesses.
- Try to complete the task in 45 min.
- The “Material for Group exercise Unit 9.3_Consistency assessment” provides two examples of a materiality assessment and stakeholder engagement process by two companies in different sectors (Intesa SanPaolo 2017 and Teck 2017) that can be used for analysis. However, learners are encouraged to research and use own examples as well.
- If you are from a company that is obliged to produce a NFIR, use the materiality assessment and stakeholder engagement process from that company.
Materials for unit 9.3: